New York Daily News | New York
Online news editor, September 2009 – present
Assign and edit New York City, national and international breaking news and features. Manage and coordinate copy flow from digital and print teams. Previously: assistant news editor, staff writer.
The Associated Press | Hartford, Conn.
Reporter, April 2009 – September 2009
Covered national and state news throughout Connecticut. Duties included politics, legislature, courts, economics, business and crime. Enterprise trend-spotting stories on hospice, the economy and eminent domain.
The Cambodia Daily | Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Associate editor, January 2008 – February 2009
Covered breaking news and features alongside a staff of Khmers and foreigners. Reported on national elections, urban and rural economic development, corruption, foreign affairs peace talks, border demarcation negotiations, land rights and evictions, crime, courts and the Khmer Rouge Tribunal. Duties also included daily rewrite and copy editing.
Cambodia articles and photography also appeared in The Washington Post and the San Francisco Chronicle.
The Arizona Republic | Phoenix
Reporter, August 2004 – January 2008
Reported on economic development, politics, business, courts and crime. Covered elections, urban and suburban development practice and policy, and followed long-term and breaking crime and court cases. Maintained a politics blog; shot and edited video.
- The Boston Globe, summer 2004 (metro desk)
- Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World, fall 2003 (city desk)
- The Arizona Republic, Pulliam Journalism fellowship, summer 2003 (breaking news team)
- The Arizona Republic, summer 2002 (business desk)
- St. Cloud (Minn.) Times, summer 2001 (Chips Quinn Scholars internship)
Groups and Associations
- Asian American Journalists Association, 2001 – present (chapter president, national board member, Executive Leadership Program, Media Watch, Voices multimedia training staff)
- Knight Center, 2007 (economic development and housing coverage fellowship)
University of Kansas, Journalism, 1999 – 2003